Read More In
Students who graduate with an M.A. in Philosophy can find a career as a teacher/instructor (degree as well as post graduate colleges after scoring minimum 55% and qualifying the National Eligibility Test –UGC NET)
Philosophy graduate will be well prepared for higher studies in philosophy or a career in e.g. media, law, business, or consulting.
As the college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai, the degree received at the end of the two years is recognised by the University of Mumbai
Guided exposure to the research process culminating in the submission of a dissertation at the end of the year.
The study of knowledge and skills are imparted by using combination of following techniques :
Traditional chalk and duster method to boost learner’s understanding and confidence supplemented further with home work, periodical assignments and internal tests,Use of PPT, Web Referencing, Library Sourcing to enhance context based learning,Problem solving and case study method to develop computational learning,Role plays, guest lectures, news paper clipping, field visits etc to have incidental learning a means to learning by research,Use of group discussions and syllabi related symposia to develop collaborative learning and increased interaction.
- Metaphysics (Indian and Western)
- Epistemology (Indian and Western)
- Contemporary Philosophy (Indian and Western) B (I)
- Contemporary Philosophy (Indian and Western) A (I)
- PHI201 - Metaphysics (Indian and Western)
- PHI202 - Epistemology (Indian and Western)
- PHI203 - Contemporary Philosophy (Indian and Western) B (II)
- PHI204 - Contemporary Philosophy (Indian and Western) A (II)
- Accountancy and Financial Management –II
Those who have obtained the B. A. degree in the Mumbai University or a Corresponding degree of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the M.A. course in Philosophy in the Department of Philosophy on Payment of prescribed fees, provided always that the question of granting admission will be at the discretion of the faculty of the Department.