First year admissions for the academic year 2020-21
How to become a Somaiya student
We are delighted that you are considering an Undergraduate programmes at K J Somaiya Junior College of Arts & Commerce. Please read all instructions and requirements carefully to ensure a complete and correct application. Feel free to contact us on email@example.com in case of any queries.
HSC Commerce Un-Aided
As per guidelines of Deputy Director, Education department -
Students who have passed SSC or any equivalent examination from any other Board and seeking admission into the State Board Junior College must participate in this admission process.
Students passing SSC or equivalent examination are eligible to secure admission for FYJC.
Pre Admission Guidelines and instructions-CLICK HERE
SVV NET ID QUERIES-CLICK HERE
Means the Education Boards other than the State Board viz. - CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE, IB, NIOS or Boards of other States.
- Students of other boards (Other than Maharashtra State Board) who want to take admission in a Junior College affiliated to Maharashtra State Board within any online admission area should fill online form and participate in this admission process.
- After entering the examination seat number, the other board student’s information will not be filled automatically as data of such students is not available. These students have to fill in their personal information themselves carefully and get the form approved from the nearest Guidance centre.
- All students other than Maharashtra Board should approve their online application form from the nearest Guidance Centre. (If the facility is not available in their own school.)
- If applicants result of Std. X is in Grade form, students have to get the grades converted into marks from their secondary (10th ) School Principal or as per the guidelines of Deputy Director Office. And after that only such students will be able to fill Part-2 of the application form.
- Eligibility Certificate - Students who have passed 10th exam from any other board need to get eligibility certificate from the state board after admission. An application for eligibility (available with respective Junior College) is required to be submitted along with necessary documents.
- Other board’s students can participate in this admission process with their provisional marksheet. However they need to submit original copy of marksheet while confirming their admission in the Junior College.
- For CBSE students first five subjects only will be considered.
- For ICSE students who have passed out with 6 subjects for them from Group I and Group II any five subjects can be considered.
- For ICSE students who have passed out with 7 subjects for them there are two options that can be considered.
Option – 1: Best of five subjects from Group I & Group II (out of 600) can be considered.
Option – 2: Total average of 700 can be considered i.e. Group I, II & III together.
F. Y. J. C – FIRST PHASE ADMISSION SCHEDULE 2020-21
GUJARATI LINGUISTIC MINORITY/MANAGEMENT QUOTA (ARTS, COMMERCE AND COMMERCE (UNAIDED)
|First||12/08/2020 to 16/08/2020(UPTO 23:59 Hrs.)||ONLINE SUBMISSION OF FORMS AND PAYMENT OF ONLINE PROCESSING FEE - Rs. 50 http://admissions.somaiya.edu/||ONGOING|
|17/08/2020 AT 06:00 pm||DECLARATION OF FIRST MERIT LIST https://kjsac.somaiya.edu/en/notices|
18/08/2020 & 19/08/2020
Payment of fees till 19/08/2020 – 03:00 pm
ADMISSION/ ONLINE PAYMENT OF FEES FOR FIRST MERIT LIST
|19/08/2020 AT 06.00 pm||DECLARATION OF SECOND MERIT LIST https://kjsac.somaiya.edu/en/notices|
|20/08/2020 & 21/08/2020
Payment of fees till 21/08/2020 – 03:00 pm
|ADMISSION/ONLINE PAYMENT OF FEES FOR SECOND MERIT LIST|
|21/08/2020 AT 06.00 pm||DECLARATION OF THIRD MERIT LIST
(If required) https://kjsac.somaiya.edu/en/notices
24/08/2020 & 25/08/2020
|ADMISSION/ ONLINE PAYMENT OF FEES FOR THIRD MERIT LIST
(“Subject to change as per Ganpati Holidays")
For Gujarati minority and Management Quota
Students have to fill the pre admission form from the college website https://admissions.somaiya.edu by following steps:
Students will fill the Online Pre Admission form by registering on the Somaiya portal https://admissions.somaiya.edu
Student will get a Verification mail in your email that you provide while registering.
If you don’t see the mail in INBOX you can check in SPAM.
Filling up the online pre admission application form and upload the required documents
Complete the process of Pre Admission by paying online processing fees of Rs. 50/-
Students who will be cleared through document verification stage and are eligible as per merit list will receive” offer letter” of provisional admission on their registered email address as mentioned in the online application form of the student and a short SMS in this regard will be sent on the student's registered mobile number.
Login credentials(Username and password) for Somaiya 'MyAccount' will be sent to student’s registered email address.
Students can take provisional admission as per the subject preference and pay the programme fees(ONLINE) for successful completion of provisional admission procedure. ( Students who want to opt for IT subject can submit the OPTIONAL FORM through their 'MyAccount' )
Digital fee receipt will be available in their 'MyAccount' portal for future reference.
Upload the student data into Govt portal.(Done by the respective college)
- Parents and students are requested to go through the prospectus and admission notices put on the college website NOTICES boards and college’s website before seeking admission in the college.
- The College is conferred with Gujarati Linguistic Minority Status by the Govt. of Maharashtra, under which 50% of the seats at the entry level are reserved for the aforesaid linguistic minority. The remaining seats are allotted as per merit and according to other norms laid down by the university and the government from time to time.
- The College or the Management does not accept any donation or capitation fees for any admission. The admission to students is given as per the standard and transparent procedures. Any person approaching the students or parents for donation/capitation fees should be reported to the Principal immediately.
- The Principal reserves the right to amend or modify the rules regarding admission, as and when such amendments and guidelines are received from the Board, the University, the Government or the Management. The Principal also reserves the right to refuse admission, if in his / her opinion, such an admission is likely to adversely affect the overall discipline of the college.
- Admission preference will be given to students who have passed the eligibility qualification.
For Gujarati Minority
The admission for Gujarati minority is done online on the Somaiya portal admissions.somaiya.edu. The documents to be uploaded in this online process are as follow
|Sr No||GROUP||DOCUMENT REQUIRED|
(All the documents marked with* are mandatory)
1)SSC Marksheet/Online SSC Marksheet*
2) Copy Of Hallticket(CBSE)* for CBSE student
3)Online Registration Form I And Form II*
4) Gap Certificate
5) School Leaving Certificate
6)College Undertaking Form*
|2||Proof of Address
(All the documents marked with * are mandatory)
1)Ration Card(First And Last Page)* Only For Girls
2)Girls Concession Form
1)Ration Card(First And Last Page)* Only For Girls
2)Girls Concession(Given in the Online Pre Admission Form login)
|4||Gujarati Linguistic Minority(SVV)
(Any one of the document is mandatory)
1)Affidavit On Stamp Paper 100/- By Executive Magistrate Of The Court
2)Gujarati Linguistic Certificate
• Verification of all Documents will be done Online only by college Admission Team Members, in case of any discrepancy / issue , students will be informed through notification mail / SMS.
Once the college reopens student have to submit the following documents:-
- Copy of Online Registration Form & Option Form attested by School Authority.
- Completed Admission form
- Two stamp size photographs
- Original S.S.C. Mark list & two Xerox copies
- Original School Leaving Certificate & two Xerox copies
- Original certificate indicating Gujarati Speaking Minority quota ( One of the following certificates should be produced during the admission for Gujarati Linguistic Minority Quota: )
- School Leaving Certificate indicating Mother Tongue as Gujarati or a Certificate from the School Principal indicating “as per school records mother tongue is Gujarati”
- An Affidavit on Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred Only) stamped paper solemnly affirming that the candidate belongs to “Gujarati Speaking Community” and duly signed in the presence of the Executive Magistrate of the Court. (format available on website).
- Authentic proof of belonging to Gujarati Speaking Linguistic Minority Community, such as copy of Community Membership Register (Vasti Patrak).
- Original Caste Certificate for verification & 2 Xerox copies if candidate belongs to reserved category
- Original Ration Card with Xerox copies for Girls concession (only upto second child).
For Management Quota
All above certificates except the “Gujarati Speaking Certificate”
Aided Fee Structure
|Commerce ( Mathematics)||2122||1822||1822|
|Commerce (IT with Mathematics)||13622||13322||13322|
|Commerce (IT with SP)||13472||13172||13172|
|Arts( IT )||13422||13122||13122|
The above fee is subject to revision as per the instructions received from the Government from time to time: Rs. 750/- additional fees for House keeping & Maintenance fees is included in the above fee.
Tution fees for Girl students & Reserve Category students will be applicable as per the Govt. norms.
Unaided Fee Structure
|Commerce ( Mathematics)||13882|
Rs. 750/- additional fees for House keeping & Maintenance fees is included in the above fee.
While applying online, the applicants must submit the required documents for verification at the school/guidance centre. Otherwise the applicant may not avail the benefits of parallel reservation.
Divyang / Disabled
Students of other boards (Other than Maharashtra State Board) who want to take admission in a Junior College affiliated to Maharashtra State Board within any online admission area should fill online form and participate in this admission process.
Project / Earthquake Affected
Certificate issued by Collector/District Rehabilitation officer stating that project affected or earthquake affected or dependent need to be attached/to avail reservation under this category.
Wards of the Employees of State Government/Central Government/Private Sector
Coming on transfer in the online admission area - Original Certificate showing transfer of the employee from outside to the online admission area on or after 1st October 2018. Further, the ward must have passed Std. X or equivalent examination from a school outside of the online admission area.
Wife or Wards of Servicemen and Ex-Servicemen
- For Serviceman: Service Certificate.
- For Ex-Serviceman: Discharge Certificate or Certificate issued by District Sainik Board.
Wards of Freedom Fighters
Applicants who are dependent on the freedom fighters and are so nominated by the freedom fighters, must submit a certificate issued by the District Collector to that effect.
International and national player students
While admitting the player students against this reservation, the preference will be given to
- Medal winner player students in international level competition.
- Participant player student in international level competition.
- Medal winner player student at the National level competition.While admitting the player students against this reservation, the preference will be given to
For std. XI admission, under above reservation, the certificates of concerned competition (being winner or participation) should be authenticated by District Sports Officer or Regional director of sports
Those applicants claiming the reservation of being orphan children should obtain a certificate issued by the Divisional Deputy Commissioner of woman and child development.
Student will be alloted the college as per the merit and preference of college.
Verification of documents will be done at the college level.
Subject code will be provided to student by Teacher staff (subject will be offered provided availability of seats in a particular subject)
- Pay Fees in the form of Demand Draft or online.
- Admit the student in SESD site (Upload the student data into Govt. portal.)
Student will preserve the SVV net ID and Somaiya Email ID for further online features, Railway Concession and to generate ID card.